Our School

William Dean Public School was officially opened on August 11, 1988 by The Honourable Terry Metherill (Minister of Education and Youth Affairs).  The official party also consisted of Richard Amery (Member for Riverstone), Dr F G Sharpe (Director General of Education) and Bernadette Clark (Principal).

Named after convict William Dean who settled in the area in 1817, the school currently has a student population of 380 ranging from Kindergarten (Early Stage One) through the Year 6 (Stage 3).

2008 saw  many celebrations for the school’s 20th Anniversary.